The Creditly News Page is the go-to news source for topics related to financial, business, and credit current events. From credit score news, credit articles, and more. The Creditly News page is updated throughout the day. Hence bringing you the latest and greatest personal financial news. Don’t forget to bookmark it!
- Dow slips a day after soaring past 30,000
Stocks opened little changed on Wednesday, taking a breather after the Dow Jones Industrial Average topped a significant milestone.
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Gap, Nordstrom, Deere, HP Inc. & more
The stocks making the biggest moves in premarket trading include Gap, Nordstrom, Deere, HP Inc., and more.
- Market’s record run is far from the finish line, Oppenheimer’s chief strategist predicts
Oppenheimer Asset Management's John Stoltzfus believes the Dow's record move above 30,000 is justified despite the surge in coronavirus cases.
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Gap, Nordstrom, Dell Technologies & more
These are the stocks posting the largest moves after hours on Tuesday, Nov. 24.
- JPMorgan Chase pays $250 million penalty over weak controls in its wealth management division
It was the second time in two months that the bank agreed to pay a massive settlement to U.S. regulators over how it conducts business.
- Dow surges more than 400 points, closes above 30,000 for the first time ever
The Dow broke above 30,000 for the first time amid positive vaccine news, hope for a strong economic recovery in 2021 and easing of political uncertainty
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Tesla, Dollar Tree, Carnival, Best Buy and more
These are the stocks posting the largest moves in midday trading.
- Yes, you can get unemployment benefits if you're laid off again. Here's what you need to know
State and local officials are imposing new business restrictions. Workers who are laid off again may be able to collect unemployment benefits.
- Square and PayPal may be the new whales in the crypto market as clients flock to buy bitcoin
Fintech companies are helping fuel demand for bitcoin as they open the floodgates for millions of people to trade it.
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Best Buy, Hormel, Abercrombie & Fitch & more
The stocks making the biggest moves in premarket trading include Best Buy, Hormel, Abercrombie & Fitch, and more.
- 'No. 1' thing preventing a dollar comeback is the virus surge, currency strategist says
Brown Brothers Harriman's Win Thin sees a weakening dollar through early next year.
- Dow jumps 300 points on vaccine hope, hits high of day on news Yellen may be Biden's Treasury pick
Stocks rose on Monday after AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford said their coronavirus vaccine was up to 90% effective.
- Ether, XRP and other 'altcoins' rally as bitcoin heads for all-time high
Bitcoin isn't the only cryptocurrency posting strong gains lately.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: AstraZeneca, Snap, Tesla, Roku & more
Snap launched its competitor to TikTok and Instagram Reels. Roku gets a big price-target increase.
- Five crypto bulls predict what's next for bitcoin as it closes in on an all-time high
As bitcoin gets closer to its record high of almost $20,000, CNBC asked five crypto experts for their take on the rally.
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Merck, Korn Ferry, Regeneron & more
The stocks making the biggest moves in premarket trading include Merck, Korn Ferry, Regeneron, and more.
- New regional trade deals to help China 'sustain its advantages' in global supply chains
China could remain a key player in global supply chains, thanks to a combination of factors ranging from the coronavirus pandemic to new trade agreements.
- IPO market in both the U.S. and China to remain strong in the near term, VC exec says
Vertex has two companies that are planning to go public next year, one in the U.S. and the other in China, according to Chua Kee Lock.
- Economically sensitive stocks are ‘spring-loaded’ for gains despite slowdown jitters, top investor Jeff Mills says
Bryn Mawr’s Jeff Mills sees investment opportunities despite trouble tied to the coronavirus lockdowns.
- Boom times have returned for venture-backed start-ups, says co-founder of $3 billion fintech Brex
In the middle of a pandemic that left millions of Americans unemployed, boom times have returned for start-ups, says 25-year old co-founder Henrique Dubugras.
- Attention Robinhood power users: Most day traders lose money
A large body of academic studies consistently show day traders and other active traders have difficulty making money.
- Dow closes more than 200 points lower to end down week amid concern over rising Covid cases
Stocks fell on Friday as rising new coronavirus cases cast doubt on a swift economic recovery.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Zoom, Nikola, FireEye, Intuit & more
Check out the companies making headlines in midday trading.
- Job loss fears amid lockdowns will hit holiday shopping sales, market researcher Jim Bianco warns
Bianco Research's James Bianco warns the economic recovery is stalling.
- Big banks take baby steps toward commercializing blockchain
Covid-19 may have a role to play in spurring banks to roll out commercially viable blockchain products, one expert said.
- Evans says Fed programs are important backstop, disappointed by Treasury's move to stop some funding
"I think that backstop role might be important for quite some time, so it's disappointing," Evans said of the Treasury decision.
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Pfizer, Foot Locker, Hibbett Sports, Workday & more
The stocks making the biggest moves in premarket trading include Pfizer, Foot Locker, Hibbett Sports, Workday, and more.
- Mnuchin decision cuts Fed lending power, but sources say emergency programs can be revived
Mnuchin's decision to allow several of the Fed's emergency lending programs to expire will reduce the central bank's ability to backstop the financial system.
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: FireEye, Williams-Sonoma, Workday & more
See which stocks are posting big moves after the bell.
- 12 million Americans set to lose unemployment benefits by year's end
Unemployment benefits will terminate for millions of workers at the end of the year, just as rent and student loan protections lapse, absent federal extensions.
- Tips That Will Help You Pay Your Mortgage Faster
How long does it take to pay a loan?
- A Beginner's Guide to Qualifying for an SBA Loan
Know what you're getting into before you start the process.
- What Franchises Should Look for In a Bank
Industry vets offer up advice on finding the financial and lending partner that works for your business.
- 5 Mistakes That Sabotage Your Company's Bank Credit Score
Yes, there are many types of creditors from which you can get funding for your business. But here's why good bank credit is one of the most important.
- 5 Tips for Securing the Business Credit You Need to Start and Scale Your Business
Want to bootstrap your business? You are going to need a solid financial foundation.
- Five Ways to Finance a Franchise
Franchisees share how they pulled together the cash to open their own franchise.
- See Your Credit Score Jump Up Dramatically With These Easy Tips
By making an effort to pay outstanding balances and prevent debt from piling up, you will see a difference in your credit.
- Should You Keep Your Credit Frozen Now That It's Free?
Here are some pros and cons to consider.
- Term Loans vs. Lines of Credit: Which One Is Right for Your Business?
With so many business financing options, it can be overwhelming to know where to start.
- Work it Step-by-Step to Get a Better Business Loan
Smaller business loans are great stepping stones toward bigger, less-expensive financing in the future.
- There's a Real Difference Between a Personal and Business Credit Card
Not all credit cards are created equal. If you're a small business owner, you're missing out if you don't have a business credit card.
- Got Bad Credit? Don't Apply for a Loan Before You Ask a Few Hard Questions.
Your credit score is a major factor, but it's not the only reason potential lenders might give you bad news.
- 6 Tips for Digging Your Small Business Out of Serious Debt
Digging out of business debt really isn't all that different from pulling yourself out of personal debt.
- 8 Lending Terms That Every Entrepreneur Must Know
The more you understand the lexicon of small business loans before you start your search, the better you'll be able to secure the right loan for you.
- What Entrepreneurs With Bad Credit Need to Know Before Applying to Get a Loan
Your credit score is a major factor in your eligibility, but it's not the only factor.
Your personal finance is important, take it seriously. Creditly is here to answer your questions, help you check your credit scores, review your credit report, and keep on top of your finances. Understanding how the banking world works is half the battle. Navigating and managing your credit will keep you moving forward toward succes. Only on Creditly News.