The Creditly News Page is the go-to news source for topics related to financial, business, and credit current events. From credit score news, credit articles, and more. The Creditly News page is updated throughout the day. Hence bringing you the latest and greatest personal financial news. Don’t forget to bookmark it!
- Geopolitics and central banks could keep gold demand hot in 2024, World Gold Council says
A combination of geopolitical tensions and continued central bank buying should see gold demand remain resilient next year, according to the World Gold Council.
- Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo are making headlines. Here’s our take on the news
Recent news reports shed light on how our financial names are pushing forward amid a tough operating environment.
- QR codes may be a gateway to identity theft, FTC warns
The digital codes have become popular. But thieves are also using them to steal your personal data, the Federal Trade Commission warned.
- Wall Street CEOs try to convince senators that new capital rules will hurt Americans as well as banks
The heads of America's largest banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Goldman Sachs are seeking to dull the impact of the new rules.
- Robinhood launches crypto trading service in the EU
Robinhood on Thursday launched its crypto service in the European Union, allowing users to buy and sell a range of over 25 digital currencies.
- Goldman Sachs is betting on the small cap rally. Here's how.
Small cap stocks are undergoing a resurgence, and Goldman Sachs Asset Management is looking to capitalize on it through the exchange-traded fund space.
- Vietnamese companies eye the U.S. IPO market amid a lull in Chinese listings
A new group of Asia-based companies are contemplating IPOs in the U.S., where international listings were once driven mostly by Chinese startups
- Job data suggests ‘soft landing’ is increasingly likely, economists say
Job openings pulled back in October while hires, quits and layoffs stayed steady, pointing to a nearly balanced labor market, economists said.
- Wells Fargo CEO warns of severance costs of nearly $1 billion in fourth quarter as layoffs loom
Wells Fargo CEO Charlie Scharf said low staff turnover means the company would likely book a large severance expense in the fourth quarter.
- A 401(k) rollover is 'the single largest transaction' many investors make, expert says. What to know before doing it
A rollover may be the largest financial transaction a household ever makes. There are pros and cons to consider.
- There's now a juiced-up way to get 4 times the return of the S&P 500 — but it comes with many risks
BMO announced the launch of the Max SPX 500 4x leveraged ETNs, which will be the highest leveraged exchange traded products in the U.S., according to CFRA.
- Fed is 'disconnected' from reality, must cut rates 5 times next year, portfolio manager says
The Federal Reserve needs to cut interest rates at least five times next year to avoid tipping the economy into a recession, according to a portfolio manager.
- Manchester United set to confirm 25% stake sale to petrochemicals billionaire Ratcliffe: Report
Manchester United will next week announce that U.K. petrochemicals billionaire Jim Ratcliffe will take a 25% stake in the soccer club, Sky News said Monday.
- U.S. export controls need to 'change constantly' even if it's tough for businesses, Secretary Raimondo says
U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo told CNBC in an exclusive interview that more controls on tech exports to China will be coming, despite business concerns.
- Return to office is ‘dead,’ Stanford economist says. Here’s why
The share of workers being called back to the office has flatlined, suggesting remote work is an entrenched feature of the U.S. labor market.
- Robinhood CEO defends payment for order flow, says practice is 'here to stay'
That's despite calls from notable consumer trading advocates and regulators for a ban on the practice.
- 'The Psychology of Money' author Morgan Housel gives advice to investors afraid of market downturns
Financial writer Morgan Housel, author of the new book "Same as Ever," discussed the importance of "realizing the inevitable."
- Case for gold fever: NewEdge Wealth sees record rush intensifying
"It's been a pretty strong performance for gold — especially when there is a rally in the stock market in November," NewEdge Wealth's Ben Emons said.
- Charlie Munger's acumen, wisdom and irreverence: Investors mourn the loss of one-of-a-kind legend
Munger left a mark on generations of investors in a long and fruitful life.
- Zero-day commodity options have now entered the ETF space
Investors can now trade commodities with zero-day options-based ETFs. However, experts warn the popular options strategy comes with a risk.
- Fed Chair Powell calls talk of cutting rates 'premature' and says more hikes could happen
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell on Friday pushed back on market expectations for aggressive interest rate cuts ahead.
- Not saving in your 401(k)? Your employer may re-enroll you
More companies are doing 401(k) "reenrollments" every year. Workers who elected not to participate may have to opt out again.
- Watch Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell speak live in Atlanta on policy
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell speaks Friday to an audience at Spelman College in Atlanta.
- Charlie Munger said Berkshire would be worth double if he and Buffett used leverage
"Berkshire could easily be worth twice what it is now... All we had to do is just use a little more leverage that was easily available," Munger said.
- Munger and Buffett were unable to pull off one last deal together using Berkshire's $157 billion in cash
Munger, who died Tuesday at age 99, said an elephant-sized deal may have to be done by the next generation of leaders at the conglomerate.
- China consumption shows 'no sign' of a strong V-shaped recovery, McKinsey says
China's consumer isn't going to be spending big anytime soon, which means companies need to be more strategic to tap the massive market, according to McKinsey.
- SEC meets with Grayscale, BlackRock about potential bitcoin ETFs
The regulator said in a memo that it met with Grayscale on Thursday about the potential conversion of the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust into an ETF.
- Cathie Wood’s Innovation ETF is up 31% in November, notching its best month ever
The fund rebounded drastically from three straight months of losses, pushing 2023 gains to 47%.
- What one Swiss bank's troubles can tell us about market vulnerabilities — and social media
The share price of Julius Baer plummeted after the Swiss private bank disclosed 606 million Swiss francs ($692.7 million) of loan exposure to a single client.
- How a tax break of up to $3,200 can help heat your home more efficiently this winter
Homeowners can write off 30% of costs for upgrades such as installing energy-efficient doors, windows and insulation, up to a dollar cap.
- 5 Small Business Credit Pitfalls to Consider Avoiding
For small businesses, building a strong business credit foundation can be paramount to achieving success. It's not only about accessing funding and capital, but also about setting the stage for future growth and partnerships.
- How to Fund Your Business Using Banks and Credit Unions
Here's everything you need to know about securing a loan with favorable terms for your business.
- Self Credit Builder Review 2023: Build Credit and Savings
- How to Choose a Credit Card for Your Startup
When considering the best business credit card for you, take time to weigh the rewards and benefits of each one to determine which card will grow with your business and understand your needs.
- 5 Ways to Build Business Credit for a New LLC
Here are five tips for building business credit for your new LLC.
- What Are All the Credit Score Ranges? Here's Your Go-To Guide
Is your credit score good enough to lead the life you want? We explain the various credit score ranges and how to boost your financial stability.
- The 4 Biggest Difficulties Every Entrepreneur Faces
Here are some of the most common challenges entrepreneurs should expect to face, along with tips on how to overcome them.
- Finance Ministry Amends Credit Limits To Airlines Under ECLGS
As per reports, this is the second time the government has liberalized the scheme for aviation industry
- FincFriends Raises $1.1 Million In Third Equity Round
The fund raised will be used to embark on an organic growth trajectory by making key investments in current business offerings, expanding its geographical footprint to tier II and III cities and strengthening its lending portfolio
- Finverv Raises Pre-Seed Funding From Antler India
The fund raised will be used to build and strengthen the platform's functional teams and scale up partnerships
- Digital Lending Platform Abhi Loans Raises $4.5 Million
The fund raised will be allocated for technology development and the growth of the loan book
- Credit Fair Raises $10 Million In Seed Extension Funding
The company plans to utilize the fund to augment technology and deliver a superior customer experience at the point-of-sale
- Jai Kisan Raises $50 Million In Series B Funding
The fund raised will be used to expand the product suite, enhance the customer journey, accelerate the phenomenal growth of existing products, strengthen talent and boost data science and engineering capabilities
- Fintech SaaS Platform Fundflo Technologies Raises Seed Funding
The fundraise will help the company to invest in new technologies and come up with new offerings
- WonderLend Hubs Raises $1.6 Million Seed Fund
The fund raised will be utilized for completing the company's platform as a service transformation, strengthening sales and marketing, and building a delivery excellence framework
Your personal finance is important, take it seriously. Creditly is here to answer your questions, help you check your credit scores, review your credit report, and keep on top of your finances. Understanding how the banking world works is half the battle. Navigating and managing your credit will keep you moving forward toward succes. Only on Creditly News.